HOW TO FIX DRY BROKEN DAMAGED HAIR - NIOXIN
What is the best product for thinning damaged hair?
My answer is Nioxin !!
Thinning hair is a broad issue, affecting 50% of men and women. Many available solutions serve to camouflage thinning HOWEVER the innovative NIOXIN approach inspired by skincare is different. 6 separate product ranges depending on your hair type, density, thickness and whether you colour your hair or not with amazing Customized technologies deliver thicker, fuller-looking hair without side effects so you can thrive with newfound confidence. By identifying the 3 signs of hair thinning (Derma, Density and Diameter), NIOXIN delivers a complete program and unique personalized solutions for a tailored treatment that works. This range is completely colour safe- which means it will not ruin your hair colour.
Where to start?
What causes hair loss/thinning?
There are 6 main reason for your hair to start thinning out,
2. Stress and trauma - Stress can produce increased levels of testosterone, which converts to DHT and interrupts the hair's growth cycle. Stress also constricts blood supply through the capillaries, restricting oxygen and nutrient uptake and vitamins to the follicle.
3. Health reasons - Several underlying health issues can cause hair thinning, including a malfunction of the hormone-producing thyroid or the natural hormonal changes women experience after pregnenancy and during menopause.
4. Environmental factors- Air and water pollutants, chlorine, metals and minerals may be left on the scalp and hair thus contributing to thinning. Pollutants such as pseudo-estrogens and toxins from within our bodies are also a factor.
5. Medication - The hair follicle is incredibly sensitive to changes in the body. Any hormone therapy (including birth control) can contribute to hair thinning as can steroids, specific chemotherapies and medication for blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and acne. (clen, duromine, roaccutane etc)
6. Nutrition and diet- What you eat can play a significant role in hair thinning. High consumption of animal fats, rapid weight loss and liquid protein diets can result in a lack of amino acids, biotin, iron, protein and zinc - all of which are essential for healthy-looking hair.
Step 1. Come in for a Dermabrasion (A facial for the scalp) Dermabrasion anti-aging treatment with Scalp Infusion Technology accelerates scalp surface regeneration through exfoliation and removes build-up around follicles. Excess build up can stop hair growth.
Step 2. Start on your new Nioxin products after being prescribed your correct products to suit your hair!
Nioxin is available to purchase in salon
Commonly asked questions
Are people who colour, relax, or straighten their hair more prone to thinning hair?
Chemical processes such as colouring, relaxing, or straightening hair can cause structural damage to the hair shaft. This damage can increase the occurrence of hair breakage mid-shaft, reducing the number of complete strands on the head and making hair appear more thin.
Is NIOXIN only for individuals who are balding?
No. Nioxin is for anybody who wants to maintain a healthy scalp environment, and have the fullest, thickest, healthiest-looking hair they can.
What is the purpose of silicones? Do NIOXIN systems contain silicones?
Some of the ingredients in NIOXIN cleansers and scalp therapies contain silicones which deliver outstanding hair care benefits, such as breakage protection, conditioning and detangling. * these are completely different to the silicons you are told to stay away from*
for more information visit